- Meeting began at 6PM. There was a little networking going on and we started a few minutes before 6:30. Food was typical fare, sandwiches, veggies and fruit.
- Guest speaker was Keith Mayer, a technical evangelist for Microsoft. I’ve known Keith for a few years now so it was good to catch up a little.
- Topic was DevOps with Azure. The promise of DevOps is to let IT pros into the Dev Circle, and also to let Devs into the IT Pro land, all in the name of delivering solutions to the business faster. Cross pollination, I guess. But I’m skeptical. Sounds an awful lot like RAD (Rapid Application Development) from my college days. Keith did a good job with the content, although I’m not convinced Microsoft isn’t just hanging on to the next buzzword using that to push Azure.
- Attendance was 16, a little down from last month, where it was somewhere north of 20 I think.
- Areas to improve: The pre-meeting should be called out on the agenda, with an encouragement towards networking. Maybe have the soft drinks out early and do a mini bingo card or something to encourage people to mingle.
On my way out, I heard that next month is Bob Coppedge speaking on Google Glass. Should be a good one, as Bob is always an entertaining speaker. Hope to see you then.